Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Comin along...

Well, there's not much time left. I go for my 36 week doc appointment next Monday. Crazy...how time flies.
I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone, really. It seems like just yesterday I was calling my sweet sister in law and asking her if it was possible to get a false positive on a pregnancy test! She has had several children ahead of me, and I look to her for lots of answers these days, and that was just the first! :) I remember her saying, "No hunny, it's more likely you'd get a false negative than a false positive...you're pregnant...congratulations!"
And I was like, "Wow...Okay...."
We planned on children, don't get me wrong. But we weren't "trying" necessarily...we'd kind of gotten to that point in our life where we were saying, "Well, we will just stop preventing it and see what happens..."
Needless to say, a month later...well, I was staring at a positive result on a pregnancy test and about to eat dinner...but suddenly dinner didn't sound appealing anymore!
It seems so much has happened since then...lots of transition, tears and emotions go along with the whole pregnancy ride (anxiety mixed with hormones mixed with, "Oh my goodness this is happening...yay....oh wow we have so much to do!"), but the joy...that is the best part of it all, seriously.
We are getting soooo excited about this little bundle. I have spent so much time daydreaming about his little face, his hands, his feet...his life! :)
I only hope that we can raise him in the best way that honors the good Lord. I pray for the wisdom to do so!
I know I've learned a bit since I've been off work, having to "sacrifice" already, not being able to buy the things I normally would...superficial things, such as make up, and hair things...I was talking to a friend today who's also pregnant, and we agreed it's kind of part of the "motherhood" process...starting to learn how to buy for our little one, and not for ourselves. It's a very good lesson to learn - one that I think everyone needs.
I look forward to more of it, though, in a weird sort of way. I can't wait to "give" of my time, effort, money, etc., for this sweet little bundle. I know some day he may turn on us and decide that he doesn't like us (like in his teens!) but...it'll all be worth it. This start of life is a new relationship, a new love, a new lifetime of love, no matter what happens!
So...all that to say, Kaleb is coming soon. And at this point, it's honestly kind of a waiting and watching game....we only have a few more things we need to do, and they are small. He needs a lamp in his room, and a changing pad with a cover. He also needs a few more crib sheets, and maybe a mobile. :) And we might steam the carpets one more time...But for the most part, I think we are almost ready.
Can't wait to see what happens next. Pretty soon I will start going once a week to the doc. Exciting!
Won't be long before we hold that sweet little boy in our arms! Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment