Saturday, May 21, 2011

CARROTS...and SQUASH...and BREAD....

So...just thought I'd share that someone flipped a switch in my baby.

Today he decided to not only eat the carrots I put in front of him, but EVERYTHING else.

Mind you, I'm not giving him a bunch of new food at once, but...it's tempting! Lol. I cannot believe he's finally come around to eating solids.

It's not the baby food jar solids, and that's fine...just means I'll have to do a little more work in the kitchen, but it could keep the bills down a bit.

Today he had a bit of bread (broken up of course), lots of carrots, and some little Graduates Puffs that I let him feed himself...which he also doing pretty well, considering the circumstances. Most of it lands on the floor, but the important part is he understands what to do with it...and some of it ends up in his mouth!

I cannot tell you how HAPPY this makes me!

I was picturing him at five, saying, "Momma, I'm ready for my bottle," at every mealtime.
Seriously.

But yay we're finally coming around.

He even has started smacking his lips every time he sees someone else eat, like he wants to do it too.

Praise the Lord! I told several of my friends at Bunco this week about the solids "problem," and they couldn't believe it. They are all Christians and I think someone's started prayin.

Bring on the solids, baby! Woooohoooo!



No comments:

Post a Comment