Friday, August 19, 2011

It's just not time yet...

Well, I told you I would let you know what happened on Friday during our 18 week sonogram appointment.
So...here I am to tell you...and somewhat disappointed. :)

Because we still really don't know whether we will be having a boy or girl!

The ultrasound tech checked all of the organs functions - the heart, the kidneys, the bladder, the stomach. All looked normal and like they were functioning properly. Little E. #2 (which I will still refer to them as!) even swallowed while we were there, and pee'd! He checked the hands and the feet, to see if they looked normal, and the spine, and the skin on the spine for any tumors. All looked well. He even looked at the brain (it's amazing all the stuff this equipment can do!). It was all so interesting to me and Justin and fun to see those little parts working already. He or she placed his hand on his knee, and they were moving a bunch.

But, Baby E. #2 is breech, and it was very hard to decipher their sex. The tech tried over and over and over again to get different angles, but it was never easy enough to say one way or the other.

He kept telling us, "Well, it's just too hard to say...I have been wrong before." He explained to us that he would possibly say boy, but doesn't want to say for sure. I think he may be scared about lawsuits...Lol. It's funny but when we looked at the pictures he gave us later, we seriously decided it looks like a boy. But...I do know that sometimes it can look like a boy on the ultrasound screen, and turn out to be a girl. He said he's had that happen more than once.

And I've had several friends who said they had that happen - the tech told them it was a boy, only to find out later it was actually a girl.

So...all that said, I guess we're still waiting on this little one to reveal themselves! They are a bit on the shy side, I suppose. :)

That's okay ...Surprises are fun! The Lord knows what's best - and He knows me! He knows I like surprises. :) So...we are still waiting. Until then, we will rest assured knowing we have a large supply of infant boy clothes waiting in tubs to be opened in the right time.

It's just not time yet! :)

We will post pictures later when we get our printer up and running...or I can get to Aunt Shelly's house and scan them! They really are darling - we got some of the profile. :)

We have opted this time, different from when we had Kaleb, to do a third ultrasound. Maybe then, Littlest E will not be so shy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment