Friday, June 29, 2012

It's the little things

So...this is going to be a "randomness" blog with lots of random info., but these days, that's what we have to do! I just can't stand not sharing sometimes the random things that my sweet family does. :) 
I guess that's what a blog is for, anyway....! :) 




So, the first bit of randomness, and also my favorite bit of random things out of all of these is...we have three new family members! Tonight we took Kaleb to the carnival for the first time, and wow, was he amazed at all the sights and sounds and smells! He absolutely LOVES trains, but the choo choo train at the carnival wasn't that "coowa," yet. It just made him sad! We think he was scared by the loudness. But..we did ride the ferris wheel (which, by the way, goes pretty fast for a ferris wheel, if I must say so myself!), and he didn't cry, at least, but just sat still, taking it all in. Then, we decided to try to win some goldfish! Well, we were given a basket full of about 40 balls, total, to try and get one into the bowls on the table. Yeah, that's the chances there are to win these things. Justin won two goldfish, from those 40 balls (it's HARD, I tried! They bounce too easily off the table!) and Kaleb, out of his TWO tries, won! The little guy has all the luck (or Jesus on his side!). So, we came home with our three goldfish. Help us think of names! We are joking around about "Sho," "How," and "Cah." Kaleb has funny names for things. "Sho," is shorts, "How," is house, and "Cah," is a New York accent for "Car". Lol. Love him!

We have also been spending some time at Oma and Opa's house, which Kaleb is growing to LOVE. They live in the country, and Oma has lots of goats. :)
Our Brooke is five months old now, and JUST had her first semi-happy tummy time the other day. BOTH of my children, so far, have really, really disliked this part of the day. Hence, momma, doesn't put them down for tummy time as much as she should. But...oh well. It's just not their happy place! :) This was the happiest face I could get the other day, so I took it. ;)
Brooke LOVES Daddo's goatee. It feels cool! :)
She also loves her pink giraffe Nana bought her. Soft things are the best! :)
Yes, Momma cannot HELP dressing her in zebra print (care of Nana)! What FUN! This is her "I didn't do it!" face.
She is beginning to love that girl in the mirror! Especially when she has zebra print on!
Momma and Daddo went to Midland to visit Nana a few weeks ago, and this is what we came home with - a zebra print paci. Yes, it had to be done. Not sure if baby girl loves it as much as Momma does, though, sadly! She kept it in for a matter of about five minutes, then she didn't want it anymore. So far, the only ones she likes are the Soothies we came home from the hospital with. I cannot get her to take anything else! She is such a girl! (And kind of a diva...I must say, she takes after someone else I know...)
Kaleb has discovered that making faces at the camera is just too fun. Fun for Momma too!
Our princess is sitting up pretty well these days. She can't quite sit on her own, yet, but she LOVES sitting up! Her bumbo chair is her absolute favorite happy place ever! Too bad it does irritate her acid reflux and she spits up quite a bit in it, but...it's okay. Any happy place of hers is okay with Momma!

Momma recently splurged and bought a bow hanger! Yes, there are almost too many flowers on it, and I plan to turn it into an actual "bow" holder soon...but I need bows first. I would LOVE to start making Brooke's bows! :) 







We are having a great time these days, and K and B are getting more and more fun. They are interacting SO much more, and SO fun to watch as they grow. This momma can't wait for them to get a little older so I can enjoy them communicating even more!
And every day, Kaleb gets cuter. He is saying so many things. His vocabulary is actually pretty advanced, I think (trying not to brag here, but it's kind of hard not to!). He is even beginning to put two words together. There are SO many cute things he does these days that I wish I had time to list them ALL on here right now. But one of the many is, when we go to the car wash, he gets pretty scared. But, he has learned the phrase, "Good job," and, I think, as a sort of survival mode he goes into, he says, "Good job," over and over, and claps his hands, in between cries while the car is being washed. It's so sad but so cute at the same time! He'll like cry for a moment, look around with this really pathetic look on his face, and then say, over and over, and smile while he does, "Good job," "Good job". Then kind of nervously laugh! It's the funniest thing! Both Justin and I were scared in the car wash when we were his age, so it's no surprise he takes after his parents in that department! :) But anyway, another thing is when we go to bible club every Thursday, and we sing songs, he says, "Good job," after every song is done, and claps his hands. It's so fun! He has also just started doing this thing we call the "Old Man". It is very funny. He bends over like he is a hunchback, and groans over and over, his arms hanging down by his sides, walking that way. We joke that it started this week because Granny (Justin's grandma) came to visit us, and he is mimicking her. We joked with her about it when we saw him do it...but the first night he did it was like Tuesday, and she had come to visit this week! Anyway, "Old Man" is hilarious. We just love this boy. He is truly a joy. 
Brooke is starting to eat carrots and rice cereal. I cannot believe I have two babies eating solids now. Wow, how the time flies. But she is so cute. She has begun "grunting" every time she wants more, and today she was in a crazy grunting mode! Every bite of carrots led to an even bigger grunt! It's too funny! I tell her that's not very lady like but she doesn't listen to me, for some reason! And yes, the messiness begins...! Lol. She is still taking bottles, but I am adding rice cereal to them more, and giving her at least one "regular" meal of carrots or rice cereal a day now. Maybe this will help with spitting up, too, as the doctors say. The doctor did say it sounds like she has a bit of acid reflux during the last checkup we had, but that it wasn't a concern, if she's a "happy" spitter. She pretty much is, so I don't worry too much. Plus, she's gaining weight. She does spit up quite a bit some days, but it's not like Kaleb's was. Thankfully! His was pretty projectile, and all the time. Glad to be done with that!
We have some pretty crazy days, though, and some are definitely easier than others. Dinnertime has proven, from day one, to be the hardest time for me, since I am not very good at keeping a crying baby calm, a toddler from destroying things and/or himself, and getting dinner on the table at the same exact time. But, I manage, and Justin, when he is not on nightshift or unavailable, is a very good daddy, and helps me so much. He and Kaleb are good buddies, and they do things together a lot while Momma is making dinner, or lunch. So blessed to have a husband who helps me with things! :)
There is SO much more randomness to say, but...I better go get some sleep! These days the only time I get to write blogs is at about 11:30 p.m., and I'm not very good at writing short ones! But...I do believe that documentation of our babies lives is more important than a bit of sleep sometimes, and, yes, these days, sleep deprivation is a norm, anyway. :)
 So...that said, I think I'll....yawn...leave you with that, and go to bed. :) G'night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment