Friday, December 13, 2013

Rest in peace, sweet Megan





My heart hurts. 
Monday was a day I don't want to remember. 
My brother wishes it was a bad dream.
But he hasn't woken up from that dream yet. 

On Monday, he woke up and made breakfast for his girlfriend, Megan, took it to her, and found her dead.

It has been a tough week.

As the tears well up, I cannot imagine his pain. 

He and Megan had been dating for a year. He had known her since elementary school.

She literally was his everything.

She referred to them, when I talked with her, as "two peas in a pod."

She was really his other half. 

This is hard. 

This Monday will be her funeral, and my parents will go with him, then he will be alone in Washington state. 

He is going to need some serious prayer.

She does have some very good family, whom he has become very close to, and he will probably spend the holidays with them, and he is also going to stay with a friend during this time, so he doesn't have to be in the house too much for a little while. That would be a bit too rough.

She leaves behind a sweet little four year old, Trent, as well. He doesn't understand where mommy is right now. 

I am so glad I got to know Megan though. 

She and Phil (my brother) came down to visit us this summer, and I felt an instant connection to her sweet spirit. We had some weird similarities - such as her love for Sour Patch Kids (lol!) and keeping her house clean! She was so easy to talk to, and she even called me to chat. I felt like I could talk to her about anything, really, and instantly understood why my brother loved her. 

I thank the Lord for her spirit, and pray for her family right now - for their comfort, for answers, and so much more.

Megan,

I thank Jesus for your brief time with us. 
I am so sorry that I was not able to get to know you more. Oh, how I wish I could have sat down with you and spent quality "sister" time with you. I looked forward to our sisterly times together so much. 

I was so excited for Phil when I found out he had found such a sweet girl - someone I even felt close to, after just a brief time of knowing you.
You were funny, and sweet and a very good companion to my brother, and there is a reason you were in his life - I know this. 

I don't understand why you had to go so suddenly.


Or why you left us so early.

But we will rest in knowing the God of the Universe is good, and He always knows what He is doing. 

Many people who knew you now say what a good mommy you were, too.

Although I didn't ever get to meet your son, I can see why they would say it. You took care of our two children during my grandfather's funeral, and you were very good with them. 

Sweet Megan, you left us early, but you will never be forgotten. 

Thank you for gracing us with your presence during your short time here. We look forward to meeting you on the other side, where you can greet us with that beautiful smile and sweet spirit once again. 

Rest in peace, sweet girl, and I love you, sister. 
Always will. 

Love,
your sis,
Amber

"You call me out upon the waters...the great unknown, where feet may fail. 
And there, I find you in the mystery, in oceans deep, my faith will stand.
And I will call upon your name.
And keep my eyes above the waves, when oceans rise.
My soul will rest in your embrace.
For I am yours, and you are mine.

Your grace abounds in deepest waters.
Your sovereign hand will be my guide.
My feet may fail when fear surrounds me.
You've never failed.
And you won't stop now.

So I will call upon your name.
And keep my eyes above the waves
when oceans rise.
My soul will rest in your embrace
for I am yours, and you are mine.

Spirit lead me when my trust is without borders.

Let me walk upon the waters wherever you would call me.
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior..."

Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) - Hillsong UNITED 

http://youtu.be/dy9nwe9_xzw



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment