Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Is it really fall again?

Helloooo fall!


Winter coats!

Yes, we tried on our winter coats on a 90 degree day a few weeks ago...I am actually excited for hot chocolate, s'mores made from the fireplace, pumpkin spice latte's, scarves and boots. Changing seasons, people! But we have had quite a few very beautiful, mild days recently, and it's gotten us even more ready for the fall season. It's funny here in Texas though...I have a hard time teaching the kids about fall, because well, we kind of skip fall and jump right into winter. The leaves don't change as much here as they do in Washington, where I'm used to seeing the bright maroons and yellows and oranges starting mid September. Instead, we have a few milder days, and, before we know it, we are stepping outside and seeing our breath. But - I love every moment of living here - the sunsets every day are truly worth it! I missed them in Washington. ;)

Anyway, off my rant! It has a been a great few weeks. I wish that I could explain all that has gone on in one blog, but that would be impossible. 

I wouldn't be doing God justice if I didn't say something though, about his goodness! My retreat was AMAZING, and it was truly refreshing in so many ways. God is good! And of course, I truly came to appreciate Justin even more for his willingness to watch the kids for me while I left him. He is more than I could have asked Jesus for in a husband! 

We have had a wonderful last few weeks as a family, as well, because we are getting ready for this next trip to New Mexico to help with the church and lead worship together. It's been busy, and we usually hit the pillow at night exhausted, but refreshed at the same time. Hard to explain, but true.  We also lead worship at church once a month. Never thought I'd be able to be involved in ministry with my husband, so this is really a dream come true in front of my eyes. :) To God be the glory!

On another note, I have also started homeschool with the kids. 
We usually try and do at least three or four days a week, and they are doing well! They have their days, but for the most part, they LOVE to learn. And what a blessing that is for this mommy! I feel so unworthy, almost, of having two completely healthy, smart, inquisitive children who like to learn. 

Our schedule is a little like this - 
On Mondays, we stay at home mostly, and I get most of my laundry done for the week. It's just become my laundry day. They help me (sometimes!). We do school. 
Tuesdays, we do school, and then I have bible study that night.
Wednesdays, we do school, and then Kaleb has Mission Friends at church. It's basically an AWANA program. He likes it!
Thursdays, we go to bible club at the park, which is basically a Sunday School class for kids.
Fridays, we do school, or go to MOPS. I have missed the first few, but we have been pretty busy with church stuff. I hope to go sometime soon!

We are also in the middle of several home projects. We just bought Kaleb a new bed. 



 It was a princess "castle" bed and it was pink to begin with! But we transformed it into more of a "fort". :) I hope he likes it and enjoys it for many years. 
We also just got some new french doors in the living room, and are in the process of painting them red.
Our next project after that is to fix the floors (they are in need) and to paint the walls in some places. 
Haha - house projects never seem to end. I have realized more so than ever lately that working on a house project always turns out to be more work than you imagined to begin with. You think, "Oh, we just need to fix the doors." But there is SO much involved in one project! These projects work on my patience more than anything else in my life. I guess that's one of the reasons God allows them. ;) 
And, of course, we have just celebrated K's 4th birthday. What a fun time! We are still celebrating though, because sadly, Nana and Grandpa and Oma and Opa couldn't come to his birthday party last weekend, unexpectedly. So, we are having another party this weekend! (Ah, all the excuses to party we have!;)
But here are some pics from his party with the cousins and some sweet friends! 










Kaleb, 

When I prayed for you while you were in my tummy, I prayed God would make you like your daddy. I prayed that you would always be strong, always be a leader. I prayed for a Caleb of the bible, and, son, God said "Yes!" You live up to your name in so many ways. 
You ARE strong. You ARE a leader. Even at this young age, I can tell you are going to know how to change your world. Daddy and I have a large calling to help you become the person you are to be, and we are going to do the best we can to direct you in the way for you to lead people in the right direction, to help others, to be BOLD for change, to stand up and do what's right, even when no one else is, just like Caleb did in the bible. 
Your sister is a good example of the fact that you are a leader, too. She follows you everywhere you go, and does everything you do. And, for the most part, you don't mind. You just do your thing, and you let her follow you. 
You can also be so sweet. You love me to kiss you goodnight, and you love hugs before bed.
You are SO smart, too. You learn things very fast, just like your daddy! You seem to already have a photographic memory. 
We love you to the moon and back, Mr. K, and we look forward to God's amazing plan for you life!

Love, 
Mommy  

A sweet look back...

1 day


3 months

1 year

2 years

3 years



 Our big four year old. Love you so much, Kaleb Lee.

And, as always, I will leave ya'll with the last few weeks in pictures! Enjoy...


Makin G's with toothpicks


She loves all her giraffes (obviously) but pink giraffe is by far her favorite. It's funny, because he was her first toy ever, and he's from Nana. He was with her in the hospital. 

Lately she needs shades. Everywhere.

He's sort of a superhero. Batman...Superman...?

Bein' silly...We kinda do that a lot around here.


She likes to see herself in the mirror. 




One of their favorite things ever right now - to make a road with tape on the rug and play with the cars!


That's a lot of fries huh? Just noticed.

A girl and her...rocks? Yes, this girl loves rocks. And not the diamond kind. She has to collect them everywhere she goes, in every parking lot. EVERY parking lot, ya'll. 

This is the way we eat our sandwich around here.

A very full lake! 

My three favorite people.

I think it was cold, but it's a bucket full of rain. Cool! We let them outside, and this was where they chose to be.

Brookelynn's cake date with Daddy. It's her favorite thing in the whole world. Sorry about the dress! Just couldn't resist posting the sweet date they had! 



God bless ya'll. Thanks for holding on this long, those of you who have! 

A verse to leave you with...

"But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it." Numbers 14:24  

post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment