Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Firsts




Zoo time!!! Kaleb got to go to the Abilene zoo just recently and wow, there were so many cool animals.


New couch time!! We just got two new couches and they are AWESOME! Leather, flexsteel, and one has powered recliners and the other is a loveseat with a center console and recliners as well. So we have decided that we have four recliners in our living room. This will be GREAT during breastfeeding/post C-section time!!

Birthday time!!! Kaleb ate cake! And...lots of it!
K's very own cake...:)
Sweet, sweet Littlest E time.

We have had SO many first recently. Kaleb's first birthday is one to name, along with new couches, and WALKING! That is K's newest addition to his skills and he is starting to use it more and more. He takes lots of steps on his own these days, but they are all sporadic...I just know one of these days he's going to take off and not stop! But for now, he has about five at a time, and he laughs SO hard when we are getting him to come to us and thinks it's SUCH a fun game! It IS!

For Halloween, he was our little monkey, of course. He was the cutest monkey I've ever seen. :)

He is doing well today, even after getting his one year shots. Momma cried, of course, almost as hard as he did! It gets harder and harder taking him in there each time for shots, knowing that pretty soon he's going to start remembering that terrible place! :(

But he is growing like a weed. He is in the 30th percentile, which, at this point, I am not too concerned about. I know that as they get older, that percentile changes and fluctuates quite a bit. :) He is growing great - 21 pounds and 10 ounces these days, and 29 1/2 inches long. :) Love every part of that sweet boy!

And out littlest addition is doing well too. We just had a 3D ultrasound done in Abilene the other day and it was SO exciting...and shocking.

When I write this, I still am in shock.

We are having a GIRL.

Wow. Justin and I were floored because we actually thought it was a boy, after the last ultrasound! The tech had told us there was about a 65 percent chance it was a boy....so that's what we were thinking.

Lol. The LORD had different plans.

And wow is all I have to say!

We are just really excited! I cannot believe the LORD is blessing us with the best of both worlds. I feel so lucky...as Justin put it the other day, "I feel like I've won the lottery." Lol.

You NEVER know what the LORD has up His sleeve. And of course, she was beautiful up there on that screen. One of the most beautiful things I have EVER seen in my life. :)

So happy. Sigh. :)

1 comment:

  1. OUCH!! Reading this gave me a huge "I MISS AMBER" pain right in the heart!! Love you!! And, I can't wait to meet Miss E! (I keep thinking of her as Missie "Miss-E" LOL, but I can't wait to hear her real name).

    The Jenn

    ReplyDelete