Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Poopy day...:) Adventures in mommiehood.

Warning to all you prego mommas who might read this and, pretty much anyone with a weak tummy. It's disgusting!

Okay so you've been warned. Read on if you dare!

It started as a good day today! Kaleb and I went to the store, and then over to my grandma's to check on her because she's had some issues lately. She was having a good day, which made us happy. It was her birthday Monday so I think all the company who's been visiting her because of that has helped her not to think about her problems right now. She had a heart attack about a week ago, and was sent home with tons of meds that don't seem to be doing great - she's still had some issues since she's been on them and they are thinking of putting in a pacemaker. Yucky stuff. But she's stayed spunky through it all. She's such a trooper.

So, we came home and Kaleb had his nap. It was a good one, long - about two hours or so, and I was happy about that!

Then, Daddy got home!

He proceeded to tell me he had had the worst day he's had in a long, long time...which made me so sad.

Work had been really bad, because of many things. They have four different parts to their plant, and every one of them had shut down. Following that, there were 18 people stuffed into this little, tiny office that Justin works in, and HE was the one who had to get everything back "online" while the 18 people were talking...hard to do, to say the least.

He had a hard day, and I felt terrible for him!

I had had a strange feeling about him today, anyway, because when I'd called earlier in the day, when he answered, I heard all these voices in the background, and I couldn't even hear Justin talking. Sounded really busy....needless to say, when he got home, he sat down..He said he hadn't had a chance to sit all day. Poor guy!

Anyway, so that happened, and then comes the gross part!

Kaleb decided to eat his own poop today!!!

Yeah....so, his Oma and Opa (grandma and grandpa) were visitng, and while I was chatting with Oma, I realized his diaper looked a bit funny...like, part of it had given him a wedgie! Lol...It was on crooked...and I was meaning to fix it, honestly! I just hadn't gotten there yet...And then....next thing we know, Oma looked down, and asked me, "What's he eating?"

I looked down at K and he had poop all over his hand and was tasting it...

GROSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

All sorts of things go off in your head, like, "Oh no, I hope he doesn't get sick!"

And then I realized there was poop...on the ground around him...and that it had escaped his diaper and gotten on the floor, and, on the fireplace bricks in front of him!!!

As we carried him into his room, it even ended up in the hallway.

Yep, told you this was disgusting!

Oh, I really thought I was experiencing all there was to be a mom.

Turns out I had only brushed the surface.

I wonder if my sister in law, who now has five children, has even experienced that.

Anyway, K got a good bath, and of course I made sure that he didn't have any more in his mouth...Yuck....poor baby. I just really hope that he doesn't get sick now! I don't think he even swallowed any or anything like that. But tasting poop - who would DO that????!! Yes, a baby would. My baby.

Wow, mommiehood is such an adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment