Friday, September 23, 2011

Been a rainbow kind of year...



It's been a rainbow kind of year.

We have experienced some of the most amazing miracles of our lives...in so many ways.




We have experienced the birth of a child. Our child.

It is the best gift a couple can receive.

Kaleb has been a delight, and he keeps getting more and more delightful as he grows. He is good natured and sweet most of the time, and for that, momma is eternally grateful to the LORD!

And then...at the end of April, just SEVEN months after Kaleb, we found out we were going to be blessed again with another bundle.

Wow.

Can't express my gratitude to the LORD (and my surprise!). Beautiful little blessing coming in January 2012.

Then...if that was not enough...the LORD decided to bless us with a house, in TOWN! Cannot express my joy about that either, because we'd been so far in the country. It's nice being in the country, but I think it was time for us to live in town. Just makes it easier to get everywhere!

And now, we have a one year old. I cannot believe time has flown by so fast.

To top it off, yesterday I found out one of my good friends is pregnant again. She, of all people, deserves it more than I know right now. Last year she was pregnant with me and lost her baby as a stillborn just about two weeks before I gave birth to Kaleb. It was devastating. But the LORD has been with her and her husband throughout the whole process and they have started an amazing organization called the Holden Uganda Foundation, that provides clean water to those in Uganda. It has helped countless lives already. No doubt that with the LORD's help they have turned ashes into beauty. But...I cannot express my gratitude, once again, to the LORD, for this precious new life she is carrying. Amazing how He works. Last time we were pregnant together our babies were just about two weeks apart. This time, they will be about two months. I had really, really wanted her to be pregnant again with me, although, of course, I had never told her that. Still not sure how everything is making her feel right now, with what happened before. But I am so excited for her to be on this journey with me again.

And that's what leads me to the rainbow...again.

Last year, the day after her son's funeral, I took the rainbow picture at the top of this blog...and didn't know just how much it would symbolize to me. But...looking back, it symbolizes so much.

You see, I am a rainbow fanatic. I really think the LORD speaks through rainbows to people, and I feel like the day he gave us that rainbow was a sign of good things to come. At the time, I knew it was Holden's rainbow.

But there have been so many good things this year, both for Chet and Sarah, through their devastating situation, and with our lives. The LORD has SO many good things up His sleeve. He always has countless blessings, just waiting for us, even through rough times, such as Chet and Sarah's year.

It's been a rainbow kind of year. :) Thank you, LORD, for showing us your beauty in so many, many ways, both through the good, and the bad. Every promise you make is yes, and amen.

Gen. 9:12-16

"And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come. I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.'"

1 comment:

  1. I love His faithfulness...and I love His symbol, the rainbow. Thank you sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete