Sunday, April 28, 2013

April update!

 Beware...first and foremost, I begin this month's post with a momma's "brag moment".

Just recently, I realized, that K's vocabulary has expanded dramatically over the last couple months. Some days, he amazes me! Today was one of them.

Just today, he said, 
"I am sitting down."
"I am going to get down."
"I am all done."

And recently, he has said, "I go get it," "I am still hungry," and, my favorite, "Be careful, sister, you'll fall down and bonk your head!" (all in the perfect Texas accent, of course) "Head," is pronounced, "Hay-ed". 

He also told us that the motorcycle outside was "yum yum". He still gets his vocabulary mixed up but it's so cute, anyway! "Yum, yum," can also be translated as cool, or neat, apparently. :)

And today, while we were changing in the mirror, he reminded me that he was handsome. Lol! I just love him! 

Anyway, there are so many other little things he's said recently, but those are just a few. Justin and I have been looking at each other a lot lately after he says something, like, "Did he really just say that?" 

Can't believe our little guy is saying sentences. Okay, I am done bragging about that!

In other news, I tried to do a photo shoot last Friday.
And it was pretty comical. By the end, which was pretty close to when I began, because it was almost impossible, I was laughing. 
I don't believe I got a still shot the whole time. It's pretty funny. But, nonetheless, I will post the photo shoot on here because it makes me giggle. 


She will leave the cute bows with the headbands on for about five seconds. Gotta shoot fast! ;)



So, a photo shoot wouldn't be the same without a bow change, then an outfit change, right? ;) I was trying to make good use of the camera! First, some pics of Momma and Brooke.




Gotta add the finger pointing action.
Got one where Kaleb was smiling! And Brooke, well...not so much!
Um, yes, a bit fuzzy because of the craziness of a two and one year old photo shoot! Need I say more?
And...transfer to Kaleb's room to play with different toys. His idea, of course!
Brooke tried on his sunglasses for size!
Helicopter! Complete with sounds!

I tried the bow one more time...
Going...
Going...
Gone.
(This is our new kids table from IKEA, by the way! It's awesome! The kids fit in it perfectly.)

So...needless to say, it was a fun photo shoot! I think I may do them more often now, because I am going to try and take more pics with our actual camera. I have been lazy and using my IPhone way too much!

And yes, we finally have both of the kids rooms almost finished! I will post more later, but here are a few of Brooke's almost finished room! I have to add pictures in the frames, and small things like that. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out, and I never would have imagined that yellow would go well with pink and turqoise, but it did! Check it out. It's very girly but it's fun. Also, I have a pink chenille changing pad cover I use instead of the green one. But, this gives you an idea of what we did!


This is over her bed.
Fun, fun!

And I will take pics of K's room soon and post them. His is not quite finished yet, but we transferred his jungle/monkey theme to the room he's in and it's looking cute! 

And, this update would not be complete without adding a couple of photos of our hangouts with sweet friends who we call family. 

 
Jaci and Kaleb are good buddies! We hang with Jaci and her Momma and Daddy and her new brother, Matthew at church, and on Tuesdays, we try and do a craft together. It's so fun having friends! (for Momma and Daddy AND Kaleb!)
Cousins! Justin and I also got the privilege just yesterday to watch Kaleb and Brooke's cousins. Together with all of them, plus our family, there were nine of us! We watched seven children yesterday! We did get a little help from Oma, though. ;) 
Cousin Abigail and Kaleb
 
David, Kaleb's cousin, "teaching" Kaleb how to ride his tricycle! 

Jerry (also known as Opa), Linda (also known as Oma), Brooke, me and cousin Luke
We love the Bradberry's. It is always fun at their house! 
  Grandpa also passed this month, of course, as I had written about before. The trip to East Texas was a somber one, but the funeral couldn't have gone any smoother than it did. I was given the enormous privilege and honor to sing the song, "Redeemer," by Nicole C. Mullen, and to give a tribute to what I consider one of the most amazing Christian men I've ever known. And so many who shared, shared the same things I did, which is funny, because none of us talked beforehand about what we were going to share. Jesus just works that way, I guess! But, what a beautiful tribute to an amazing man. The weather in East Texas was also gorgeous that weekend, so it couldn't have gone any better. And he is now with his bride and Jesus, praise the Lord! So thankful that the Lord gives us all a second chance at a beautiful life. Grandpa lived it for Him, so I have no doubt where he is right at this moment. :) Thank you, Jesus!

Also got to meet my brother Phil's girlfriend, Megan, who is very, very sweet, and hoping to see more of her in the future! She took care of Kaleb and Brooke during the funeral for us, and for that, we are forever grateful! 

And in a few days, my best friend Kelly, who is pregnant with her first, due in August, is going to come grace me with her presence. SO excited to see my precious friend! :) I have tried to think of everything possible to make her stay a comfy one, because I know what being prego feels like! (Plus, she's just so sweet to come visit ME while she's prego!) Lol. 

I think that is it for this month. I cannot believe it's May!

A verse to leave you with...and a tribute to Grandpa. 

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints."~Psalm 116:15 

And...

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself." ~Philippians 3:20-21

"He whose head is in heaven need not fear to put his feet into the grave."~  Matthew Henry



Blessings to you all,


post signature

1 comment: