Friday, September 1, 2017

Kaleb and Brookelynn's "Birth" day!

  The most important days in our lives are meant to be captured. 
And, apart from the day we are physically born, the day we are spiritually born is equally important to capture. 
  I couldn't choose between the video, or the pictures, but I wanted for our family to be able to remember this day very well. 
  Kaleb and Brookelynn, from the day you were born, I've been praying over you at night, and one of my main prayers has always been, "Jesus, please help them know you at a young age."
  This past year, each of you showed an interest in accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior. 
  So we did a simple gospel demonstration of Christ and the cross from the Kids of Integrity web site online. I cut four shapes out of construction paper - a red heart, a black heart with white on the reverse, a cross, and a paper doll figure. I explained sin to you, and that it separates us from Jesus. The black heart represented your "sin". The cross was Jesus love for you, taking the punishment for your sins. The cross was placed in between the hearts. And then, I moved the hearts to touch the cross. Then, the black heart was turned over, to reveal white after Jesus touched your sin. Afterward, the doll walked across the bridge made by the cross to be with Jesus. And, after some questions from you, I asked you if you wanted to be one of God's children - part of God's family. Brookelynn, you decided first that you would like to accept Jesus into your heart, on Monday, March 27, 2017. You wanted to be part of God's family, and to follow him all of your days. Kaleb, you decided less than a month later, on Thursday, April 13, 2017, that you too wanted to be part of God's family, and to follow Christ. 













  In our school day, we talk a lot about Jesus. We learn scriptures a lot and we pray. Ya'll already know quite a few bible stories. Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you. And, as each of you grow, we're so excited to point you to the only One who knows you better than anyone else on this planet, the only One who can set you free, the One who wants to spend eternity with you forever. 
  It's going to be an amazing journey, and we can't wait to see how God orchestrates your lives! 

 Let the journey begin. 

Love, 
  Mommy and Daddy 

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Psalm 91:14-16
  










No comments:

Post a Comment