Sunday, February 27, 2011

Food, fun and little tummies


Grandpa and Kaleb time! ;) Kaleb makes Grandpa tired (and a bit sweaty)!!

Exersaucer time....! :) He's starting to like it.
Daddy and Kaleb time...! :)

I guess that the Lord really took to heart my last blog.
We have had a tummy bug in our house, and....the Lord knows how much I hate tummy bugs. Like, on my list of hates in life, it's at the very top. I despise, despise, despise, stomach bugs!
But...my poor, sweet Kaleb got it the beginning of last week, and it really was not fun. It just kept going and and going!
He has a normal problem anyway with spitting up, but this was not normal spit up. It was projectile vomiting, and diahrrea. Poor, poor fellow - made mommie so, so sad!
I ended up having to give him Pedialyte toward the middle of the week, but he was so sad, because even though his tummy wouldn't hold anything, he was SO hungry, and SO mad at me when I couldn't give him more to eat. Such a battle!
And then this week I got a touch of it, but thankfully it hasn't been too bad.
And now Justin has it, we think.
I hope that this is the last of it for now because it has worn out its welcome.
Well, it was never welcome to begin with.
But it's really unwelcome now.
But I think the Lord was preparing my heart last week for it when I wrote my last blog.
Because what can you do about your kiddos getting sick, except pray, and do the best thing you know to do for them? It's SO hard seeing them hurt and sad.
But, the Lord is good, and I think we are all going to be better soon. Thankfully, he is feeling better.
Now, if we could just get him to eat his vegetables!

I started him on a bit of solids just recently to see what would happen, and after doctors orders.
So far we've learned he doesn't like carrots and sweet potatoes.
We tried some macaroni and cheese tonight, and well, that didn't fare well either. Most of it ended up on his shirt and his bib, and really, none of it in his mouth.

Oh well.
I refuse to try sweet stuff yet because I've heard once you try those, that's all they'll eat. Maybe we made a mistake by trying the orange Pedialyte last week...I don't know! ;) He did seem to like it!

I've heard meats are good to try last. So...we'll make another run here pretty soon - maybe try a bit of squash. I may add some rice cereal to it, because he does like that. Lol.

I didn't really try any last week because of the tummy issues. So this week we'll have to try again.

It's way fun to try different foods out. Here's to feeling better so we can! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment