Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July fun!!!




This month has been great! I LOVE July. It's one of the hottest months, there is so much fun to be had in the sun, and most of the time everyone is in a good mood because of all the vitamin D! :) And July in Texas is just the best. I am kind of partial to my Texas sun - always have been, always will be. :) Here are some of our great moments this month! And, of course, our Tot school moments!






Justin got a fun little toy...well, not so little. Actually it's about the size of me! :) 



The letter "D"!

I have been "trying" to organize for Tot School...We shall see how long this lasts! :) Just trying to figure out a system that works!

One of last Monday's projects was pipe cleaner beading with pony beads. It.was.a.hit.

Out of order, but here is the foam letter sorting/sticking onto construction paper project! 

He stayed on this for like twenty minutes straight, just stringing beads along, happily. I had no idea he was so good already! 

Brookelynn trying really, really hard to string her beads onto her pipe cleaner! :) She is SO close to getting it!

Kaleb's creation, done completely by himself! A "snake"! (He came up with the name too!)

Foam letter sorting

They pulled the chairs up to the window so they could watch the rain like the second rainy day we've had here this month. What a good rain it was, though! They love to watch it, because we don't see it often!

Another one out of order, but K was trying to be cool or something. He put the hat on and started acting really funny, almost like he knew it was "cool". Lol. "Sup?"

And after the rain, the rainbow! God is good, all the time, ya'll! 

Sand!!! They LOVE it. Got some funnels this week to try out in it, and I'm so excited!

Waterpark! We took my mom with us this day to the Big Spring Aquatic Center, and had a blast. I think the kids are going to be little fish. :) 

Family photos! My sweet friend Deb came with her sweet boyfriend who is also a photographer, so we got like double the great shots between the two of them. They are both awesome! 








The letter "F"!

Just using beads to shovel and scoop


She loved it...so much that...

...afterward, the floor looked like this. Oops.

But we did get some water action in today. Gotta love the waterhose.

Kaleb made me an "ice cream cone," too, after we were done with our water fun. He found one of the funnels I bought for the sandbox and put a rock into it, and told me it was my yummy ice cream. He also made some for sister. I am continuously amazed at his imagination. :) (And p.s. - the water play today was totally random, so the clothes were...well, wet.)

Notice her drink. This is where she sets it after she is done, and ready for her nap. :) I love this girl!




Like I said, we've had a great month. I am almost sad to see it go! Justin was off from work for a few days and we went to the waterpark in Dallas, just the two of us. Nana watched the kiddos for us, and so did Oma for a few days. We have been SPOILED. :) We also had the privilege of being in a good friend's wedding, which was awesome, too. What else...Oh, very, very excited that one of my best friends, Kristine, will be having her baby tomorrow by C section. That's random, I know, but very excited to see her cute little Lily. Kristine has had quite a time with this pregnancy and I know she is very ready to meet her! Pray for her recovery too, if ya'll get a chance and think about it. She is a bit nervous about it. She's had a C section before, but this one entails a bit more, and also involves having to go up a flight of stairs each day. Wow.  
That's about all I can recall at this moment. I am ready for August. I think it has great things in store, too - one is that one of my other very best friends, Kelly, is having her baby. SO excited for her, too! Her little one is also a girl. 
In September we will make it to Washington for the first time in four years (AND the first airplane trip for the kiddos - PRAY for us!) since I've been back, to see her little one. So very excited for that. 

Well, blessings to you all, and happy August, everyone! :) Yay for more sun! (Can you tell what season is my favorite yet???) :)


post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment