Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 2 of Tot School and other fun stuff!

So, I've found myself having a lot more time just this past week to blog.
I think it's actually because I made a schedule to follow during the week, and now, I don't find myself taking every spare moment to ask, "Oh no, what do I do now that I can catch up on while the kids are asleep???"
Funny how making an actual "schedule" for yourself helps you organize your life! I feel like I've accomplished something BIG! 
Really, all I did was write down one thing to do a day that I usually do each week (without a schedule) while the kids are asleep during their naps, and I've even added to my to-do list. It also helps that I've cut out Facebook a bunch (limited, limited time on there, mind you!) and other things that "take up" time during the day (like t.v., even though I hardly watch it anyway - so much of it is just mindless, and you end up wasting your day sitting on the couch when you could be doing productive things!). 
Recently our pastor did a sermon on forming good habits to take the place of your bad habits, and I went home thinking, "I am going to take note of all the bad habits I have (i.e. watching mindless t.v., etc.) and try and replace them with good habits." 
His main goal was to help us understand through his sermon that "we ARE our habits". 
I am realizing that is so true. What we spend our time doing with our lives is WHO we are, and WHAT we achieve. If we want to be a Facebook junkie, we will be a Facebook junkie.  
But if we replace that with another "better" habit, we will achieve more. Such as...making a list for ourselves to "do" our laundry during that time of day instead. 
Haha...I'm making it sound like I was a couch potato. Really, quite the contrary. But...anyway, all that to say, I am in the process right now of replacing bad habits with good habits, and it's great! 
I will now stop babbling, and share a few pics this week. I don't want to say that I want to post a blog weekly now, because I don't want to get TOO excited here, but - I do want to try and post MORE. So, here's to more posts. Lol!! 

Here's a bit of what we've been doing since I posted last! It's a combination of pics from yesterday and today, and sorry, a bit out of order! :)


We started out our day yesterday during "Tot School" coloring the letter "B" and saying our memory verse. Didn't get a chance to capture it on photo! But then we did our matching shapes and colors and I was able to snap a photo!

He's actually pretty good at it and of course, Momma is proud. 

We also strung (is that even a word?) together foam bracelets for brother AND sister. They both love jewelry!
Today we watched the rain, which never happens here in the dry West Texas desert! It was a welcome sight. It was cute - K saw it and took sister by hand to the window and said, "Look, sister, it's raining." So, so precious. He's already teaching her!
She has just begun to like baby dolls. Obviously!


Stringing of the foam bracelets. Okay yes, like I said, these are out of order! Sorry! ;) But, you get the general idea!

Yes, he's taken a liking to jewelry AND high heels.

And "hats".


Sister has too. This was all last night while I was watching "The Bachelorette," which, is one of the "habits" I may need to cut out. The more I stop watching it, the more I realize how silly it is! ;)

Oh yes. It would not have been fair for me to throw out the box this morning before he pushed sister around on the floor in it. She LOVED it. 


And this morning we worked on our "Tot Book," which is another thing I've learned from the 1+1+1=1 site. I'm tellin ya, the lady's a genius. Well, not really, I don't think, but she sure has a LOT of good info for this momma! :) It's just a file folder, cut in half, and made to be a book on the inside, filled with little slots for him to pull out numbers 1-10, and shapes, and colors. You can make any kind you want, and give it a theme. This one was a theme from the movie, "Cars," because K loves that movie. I plan to make another one with a different theme, because he loved it! :) It is SO fun to see your child learn, and these are amazing. 


Just goofiness this afternoon. Ha! Seeing how many silly shots I could get with the camera. A few moments later the kids were smothering me with kisses. Didn't get a good shot of that but sure got a lot of slobber! Hahaha.


And, had to top off the day with a bit of running through the puddles. :) Just fun. 




And, a good laugh at dinner. 

Friends, this is just two days in our household. We are so blessed!!! 
I won't say that it's always easy or fun but it sure is a joy. I wouldn't have things any other way. 

Kaleb is most definitely every bit of two. He still throws his tantrums and I have to correct him a LOT.

One last thing I will leave you with - 
Tonight I found out a sweet girl I never knew but was following on YouTube has died - she had cancer and her name is Talia. Please if you get a chance pray for her family, do so - I know this is a hard time for them, and I'm not sure if they are Christians. Here's a link - http://youtu.be/TxpCX7cpXyk

Blessings, 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment