Friday, July 19, 2013

Kalebisms and Brookeisms



Here's just some cute stuff they've been doing lately! 

Kalebisms:

* "I love hugs."
*"I love Justin." (This is his little cartoon he likes to watch, and would watch every moment of every day if we let him! It's called, "Justin Time".) We checked it out on Netflix because we liked the name and one of Justin's coworkers said their kiddo liked it...and it turned out to be pretty cool.
*"I'm perfect." Not sure where he learned this one from, but I like it!
*"Go that way, sister!" This one definitely reflects his two year old personality. He loves to tell her where to go at home (like down the hallway away from his cars or trucks, or out of his room!), along with everyone else! Right now, he tells me which way to turn in the car...
*"I love lollipops." He is in LOVE with lollipops. He first saw them in his Hungry Caterpillar book (and pretends to eat it, along with all the other food on the page in the book, every time we read it!) and today we saw some at Dickie's restaurant. We told him if he was good and quiet at the restaurant we would get him one. Well, he sat in that chair and was quiet almost the whole time! And when I told him not to get out of the chair when everyone else at the table had gotten up, he stayed put right there, smiling. He earned his strawberry cream lollipop tonight, I think. And savored. every. lick.
*"I'm tired, mommy." He is so sweet to tell us this!
*"You have an ouchie, mommy?" and if I say yes and show him, he will kiss it, and say, "Is that better mommy?" And I say yes, of course. :) 
*He also loves bandaids. He has also said he "loves" them. Recently, he has been stung by a bee twice in the same week! So, he received a bandaid for it, even though it really didn't need one. But now, every time he gets bit or stung by anything, it needs a bandaid! 
*He loves to spin. In circles. Every time a worship song comes on. I think it's his way of dancing.
*He now says sentences most of the time. 
*His tantrums are slowly leaving! I am SO looking forward to three! 
*Today he asked sister for a high five, and she gave him one. He was praising her, "Good job, sister!" for something. Not sure what, but it was sure cute!


Brookeisms:
*She loves lotion. Today after her bath, she tried putting lotion on me. 
*She says, "Bye bye," "Hi," "Thank you," really well. And pretty much anytime you ask her to say something, she will try to say it, even if it comes out funny! Oh yeah, and when going night night, she repeats, "Night, night, wee you," for "Night, night, love you." She is still trying to say it! :) 
*She likes pink and purple already. I have noticed she gravitates toward those colors in the toy department! (This might be that her room is absolutely nothing but those colors, but I don't know! Yes, I know, I'm the cheesy mom that did bright pink in her baby girl's room! :)
*She loves baby dolls.
*She is starting to not like her hair being done!
*She does not like her diaper being wet or messy. This is a good thing!
*She loves pretty much everything except for green foods. Haha....
*She is more timid than brother about some things. But she loves to be tossed in the air, and to sit on daddy's shoulders. Not sure if that's just a phase but she still loves it.
*She's not so into rocking with momma anymore. :( I knew this day would come!
*She sleeps through the night wonderfully!
*She is pretty clingy when I get home and when I leave from places. She still loves her mommy time!

Just wanted to share a few things - things that I know I'll want to remember when they get older. :) I know that I am leaving out a ton of things, and that I may come back and edit this soon! But, for now, this'll work! 

Blessings, ya'll,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment