Monday, September 20, 2010

40 week appointment!

Well, we are here! And the excitement just continues to build! :)
I haven't really hit the "extremely exhausted" point...which is great...
I have lots of days when I'm SO tired, but none where I am just emotionally drained from this pregnancy or anything like that...which has been SUCH a blessing! I think some of my friends are getting more antsy than I am!
However, that said, I have not been sleeping well just because of the pressure of having a 7 plus pound baby on top of me at night! I am afraid to see how big Kaleb is at this point, but my sanity comes from knowing that he is doing well in there, and still growing great.
I think we may know here pretty soon, because we're going for an ultrasound, among other things, this week - if he doesn't decide to come first!
I had my 40 week doc appointment this morning, and we talked about several things.
He sent me for a nonstress test this morning, which monitored Kaleb's heart rate during contractions, and the frequency of contractions, and whether they were giving him distress. At first, the nurse said he was showing "irritability" during contractions, which basically means that he seemed a little distressed. But...then she had me drink two glasses of water, and had me stay a little longer so she could watch him more. Afterward, she was assured that it wasn't actually during the contractions he was moving so much, so she gave me my "discharge papers". That kind of tickles me because I just went in there for about 35 minutes! I am not sure how many contractions I had while I was there but I did have several - two in a 30 minute time frame - which really isn't all that many. But anyway, the nonstress test went well.
During the doc visit we also discussed me doing another ultrasound this week to see where Kaleb is in his growth. :) I am super excited about that - because I've been dying to know how big he is! I can't wait - it's scheduled for Wednesday at 3:30. That is, if he doesn't decide to come first! :) (which would be fine with momma and daddy)
The last thing we discussed was an induction. My doctor doesn't like to go past 41 weeks with his patients, and next Tuesday will mark 41 weeks for us. So...Justin and I discussed it and we would probably opt for inducing Tuesday of next week. :) :) :) :) Of course, this excites me beyond anything!!! So...if we don't have a baby by then, we will on Tuesday!! (if my doc says it's okay at my 41 week app. on Monday - I have heard he's pretty leanient as far as when you want, so I'm confident he may say yes about Tuesday...he's pretty flexible!)
But...all that to say, I really would like Kaleb to come on his own sweet time. Because I have heard that a baby gives out a hormone that sends a woman into labor once his lungs are completely developed...:) So...come, Kaleb, come!
It's all very exciting though, and we are so ready for him! Just hanging out these days. It's so odd knowing we'll have a baby in our arms so soon!!! SO excited!


1 comment:

  1. congratulations Amber. I was just blog hopping and came across your site, i didn't know you had a baby coming. that is very exciting, i am happy for God's blessings coming your way. :) be sure to sing him to sleep every night with your beautiful voice.

    ReplyDelete